Heating your home with corn can be an eco-friendly alternative to using other fuels. Whether you choose to supplement your current heating system with the addition of a corn stove, or replace your existing furnace or boiler with a corn-burning one, the use of corn is a smart choice
Corn is a renewable resource. It grows to maturity in about 90 days. Other fuels do not even compare. When you heat with corn, you are supporting your local farmer(s). If you are paying for oil, gas, or wood pellets - who is profiting?
Of course, corn heat requires a certain amount of work:
- Finding a local farmer or feed store to buy it
- Transporting the corn to your home
- Lighting the stove or furnace manually
- Filling the hopper with corn on a regular basis
- Storing the corn for future use